Wednesday, September 26, 2007

The Seeker???

I can't ever remember seeing this happen before...
I saw a trailer in the theater for The Dark is Rising, a film based on a book of the same name by Susan Cooper. It's been about 20 years since I read the book, but I remember really enjoying it. The movie looks like it'll be fun for 12 year olds and possibly even for an older audience.

Anyway, I see the commercial today on television and they've changed the title to the very generic-sounding The Seeker. Now, I've heard of title changes before the marketing really begins, but how confusing is it to show people a trailer for a film with one name, then show them a commercial with a lot of the same content with a different title?

At some point I think they decided on "The Seeker: The Dark is Rising" because I've seen it that way too. But now it seems it's just "The Seeker".

0 comments: