Saturday, April 14, 2007

Influences

I was telling my friend Taj about the new Kings of Leon record last week. It's a good record. I'm convinced the second half is better than the first, but I told him I thought it sounds like they've been listening to the Pixies and U2 quite a bit since they made the last one. It's still got that Kings sound, but they're expanding what they're doing in very specific ways. Well I got a chuckle this evening when I came across their "artist playlist" on iTunes. Among the "many songs that have influenced us over the past 2 years while writing and recording our new record" are a couple of Pixies tracks and, you guessed it...a song by U2.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Um yeah Mr. Townley - I cannot find KOL's playlist on iTunes! Please guide me oh masterful one. :o)
When will you be relocating back down south so I can meet your handsome little guy? I am always anxious to hear new stories from Heather. Hope all is well!

Jonah

Stownley said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Stownley said...

http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/
MZStore.woa/wa/viewMix?id=251149762
&s=143441&wm=1