Saturday, October 22, 2005

I thought this was a podcast

I haven't posted a podcast in a long time. I know you probably don't care but you may be wondering why the podcasts have become less and less frequent since they began many months ago.

When I started podcasting I thought, this should be easy. I've got a lot to say and I've got an hour or two of free time to say them. Well, believe me, if you think you've got a lot to say and decide to share your thoughts with the world, you'll discover a couple of things.

1) You don't have much to say.
You have a few things to say and you say them over and over again. Try it. You'll see.

2) You don't have an hour or two of free time as often as you think you do and if you do have that time, you'd rather spend it with your spouse or your friends or with your good friend, television rather than plugged in to a computer with a headset on talking to no one specific.

My wife and I are expecting our first child (a boy) in February so we're spending time preparing for that and just kind of enjoying our last few months as a duo.

Podcasting has exploded since I started doing it and there are lots of interesting shows out there. Keep visiting. It's much easier to do a blogpost, so I'll do that more often, obviously, and I will podcast again. I'm just not sure how often, so keep me on the favorites list. You can even start personalizing your Google page and add my RSS feed so you can keep up with posts there.

Thanks,

Shaun

0 comments: