Saturday, October 08, 2005

It Was My Understanding That There Would Be No Math

Not only did I have to watch the Braves get POUNDED in the seventh inning and subsequently lose the third game in the NLDS series against Roy Oswalt and the Astros, but I was stupid enough to keep the volume up during the game.

The Fox announcers (I think it was Josh Lewin and Steve Lyons) spent the entire game talking about how young the Braves players were, saying stupid things like "You remember Michael Jackson's Thriller video? Well some of these Braves rookies don't. They weren't even born yet."

If you don't know anything about the players except what you can read off the back of a baseball card and what you can figure out with a calculator, go host a game show.

Okay, so I'm bitter my team's down 2-1 in the series. At least I know where the mute button is.

0 comments: